- A state of distress or disorientation due to rapid social or technological change.More example sentences
- Third, he describes psycho-social phenomena weighing heavily on Yolngu arising from ‘culture shock, future shock and the multigenerational legacy of past trauma’.
- Or, in the words of Alvin Toffler, ‘Science fiction is the sovereign prophylactic against future shock.’
- This is as much future shock as it is headphone candy - ominous, despairing but uplifting and liberating.
More definitions of future shockDefinition of future shock in:
- The US English dictionary