- A tense expressing an action that has not yet happened or a state that does not yet exist: the dialect does not have a past or future tense the report was in the future tense and was written to explain what was due to happen that eveningMore example sentences
- Playing house, for example, reinforces the idea of the future tense and sequential thought, as the child says, "First I'll set the table, then we'll sit down to eat."
- Turning in a 500 word biography, written painstakingly in the past tense, I sighed as my class was assigned another essay, this time in the future tense, due the next day.
- The diamond heist that is the nucleus of Reservoir Dogs is absent from the actual movie, existing only in reference, as a reflection in either past or future tense.
More definitions of future tenseDefinition of future tense in:
- The US English dictionary