Sound or visual effects used in film, TV, or music: films which require actors rather than special FX
More example sentences
- It was very tough, we were the crew, the grips, the gaffers, the directors, Rob and I were two of the actors, we did the costumes, the make-up FX, everything.
- No matter how good the short is, if your script requires ' Lord Of The Rings'-level FX, the chances are low that they will let you direct it.
- By today's standards in special FX it sounds very primitive, but in fact it worked great.
1950s: from the pronunciation of the two letters forming the two syllables of effects.
- A good chunk of the simpler FX transactions is going into Web channels where the distribution costs are low.
- Professional FX traders will generally focus on large cross-border M & A activities greater than US $1 billion.
- Some FX traders may generate as many as 1,000 trades in a year.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.