- A rare dark brown or black mineral, consisting of a silicate of iron, beryllium, and rare earths.More example sentences
- It is found with other rare earth elements in minerals such as monazite, cerite, gadolinite, xenotime, and euxenite.
- The most common ores of holmium are monazite and gadolinite.
- Like other rare earth metals, it is found in minerals such as cerite, gadolinite, and samarskite.
early 19th century: named after Johan Gadolin (1760–1852), the Finnish mineralogist who first identified it.
More definitions of gadoliniteDefinition of gadolinite in:
- The US English dictionary