- A condition in a contract of employment forbidding an employee from publicly disclosing information about their employer or work: as part of her severance terms she was forced to sign a gagging clause pledging not to reveal what she knewMore example sentences
- Your Health Minister is attempting to insert a gagging clause in the new consultant's contract.
- They also believe she has signed a gagging clause forbidding her from talking about her departure.
- The Francis Inquiry ordered an end to gagging clauses, which pay off staff in return for a ban on speaking about their concerns.
More definitions of gagging clauseDefinition of gagging clause in:
- The US English dictionary