(North American gag order)
- A judge’s directive forbidding the public disclosure of information on a particular matter: the council was forced to abandon an attempt to impose a gagging order on this newspaper on FridayMore example sentences
- Several websites featured discussions on the possible identity of the individual, who is protected by a gagging order.
- Telling officers not to express an opinion publicly is sticking a gagging order on them.
- Last week the prosecution asked for a gagging order on the trial.
More definitions of gagging orderDefinition of gagging order in:
- The US English dictionary