Definition of gait in English:
1A person’s manner of walking: the easy gait of an athlete
More example sentences
- They remembered his gait, his manner of speaking and what he was wearing.
- It is never quiet, and cool guys and gals walk with an energetic gait while window-shopping, relaxed in casual dress, some of them even walking barefoot.
- One afternoon I was sorting out the petty cash when I heard the unmistakeable sound of her intimidating gait as she walked menacingly towards my desk.
1.1The pattern of steps of a horse or dog at a particular speed.
- Mary is in the ring with Bianca, an exotic brunette, riding Pinto, her Quarter Horse with nice gaits and who is unflappable in nearly all situations.
- Self-carriage, cadence, rhythm, and hock engagement at all three gaits with the same speed and frame were the standards on which to judge.
- What you want is to feel relaxed all the time but in the beginning you are only going to experience it on some horses at some gaits.