- 1A person’s manner of walking: the easy gait of an athleteMore example sentences
- They remembered his gait, his manner of speaking and what he was wearing.
- It is never quiet, and cool guys and gals walk with an energetic gait while window-shopping, relaxed in casual dress, some of them even walking barefoot.
- One afternoon I was sorting out the petty cash when I heard the unmistakeable sound of her intimidating gait as she walked menacingly towards my desk.
- 1.1The pattern of steps of a horse or dog at a particular speed.More example sentences
- Mary is in the ring with Bianca, an exotic brunette, riding Pinto, her Quarter Horse with nice gaits and who is unflappable in nearly all situations.
- Self-carriage, cadence, rhythm, and hock engagement at all three gaits with the same speed and frame were the standards on which to judge.
- What you want is to feel relaxed all the time but in the beginning you are only going to experience it on some horses at some gaits.
late Middle English (originally Scots): variant of gate2.