- A kind of bagpipe played in northern Spain and Portugal.More example sentences
- Most bagpipes are solo instruments, though some are also associated with marching bands, notably the Highland pipe and the Galician gaita.
- The master of the gaita (the Galician version of the bagpipe), Nunez embraces a range of influences including the Celtic strains of Ireland, Scotland and Brittany.
- Accompaniment is provided by the bagpipe-like Galician national instrument, the gaita, which reflects the Celtic origins of the Galician people.
Spanish and Portuguese.
More definitions of gaitaDefinition of gaita in:
- The US English dictionary