- 1Relating to a galaxy or galaxies, especially the galaxy containing the solar system: the search for a black hole at the galactic centreMore example sentences
- The galactic centre of our galaxy is one of Integral's prime targets.
- Why, given its exceedingly smooth beginnings, is the universe so clumpy, on all scales from galaxies to galactic superclusters?
- The cyclical nature of our weather changes point to the variables in our solar system and even galactic variations.
- 1.1 Astronomy Measured relative to the galactic equator: the south galactic poleMore example sentences
- Out past Fomalhaut, toward the south galactic pole, the stars fade.
- This map is plotted in galactic coordinates - the plane of the Milky Way galaxy passes across the middle of this chart with the zero point of galactic latitude and longitude pointing directly at the galactic centre.
- More example sentences
- After last year's galactically dismal showing, the big studios appear to have actually come up with some promising options for 2002.
- Devin is a galactically renowned explorer and adventurer, captain, responsible for charting dozens of previously unknown worlds and systems.
- Wrestling is silly, sometimes galactically so.
mid 19th century: from Greek galaktias (variant of galaxias 'galaxy') + -ic.
More definitions of galacticDefinition of galactic in:
- The US English dictionary