- 1A small Australian cockatoo with a grey back and rosy pink head and underparts.
More example sentences
- Eulophus roseicapillus, family Cacatuidae (or Psittacidae)
- You can attract birds like eastern rosellas, king parrots, galahs and lorikeets to your garden.
- Because of today's down time with Esmeralda, it will be another day that I write about one of Australia's favourite idiots, the beautiful pink and grey galah.
- I mean they have problems with galahs and cockatoos so this sort of balances that.
- 2Australian • informal A stupid person.More example sentences
- One of the supporters of keeping Lismore Lake for birds was out collecting signatures for a petition when she swears, a member of the public came up and said ‘You'll keep the birds on the lake if you get rid of the galahs on the Council.’
- The music industry event Don't Give Up Your Day Job - where music media and record company types make complete galahs of themselves in the name of charity (Malcolm Sargent Cancer Fund For Children) - is back.
- The Greenies are galahs too.
mid 19th century: from Yuwaalaraay (an Aboriginal language of New South Wales).
More definitions of galahDefinition of galah in:
- The US English dictionary