- A person who collects snowdrops: the anonymous bidder bought the highly prized bulb on eBay, beating competition from other galanthophilesMore example sentences
- I've absolutely no idea what variety they are, and would probably need to call in a dedicated galanthophile equipped with magnifying glass and kneepads to help me identify them.
- Over special snowdrop lunches this month, he and some 10 to 20 other galanthophiles will inspect the latest blooms.
- Right now is the highlight of the galanthophile's year, with snowdrop articles in all the gardening magazines, and many people visiting the gardens of stately homes with outstanding snowdrop displays.
late 19th century (as galanthophil): blend of Galanthus (the snowdrop's taxonomic name, from Greek gala, galakt- 'milk' and anthos 'flower') and -phile.
More definitions of galanthophileDefinition of galanthophile in:
- The US English dictionary