A marsh lizard found in Central America and the Caribbean.
- Genus Diploglossus, family Anguidae: many species, in particular D. monotropis of the West Indies
More example sentences
- Divorcing himself from feelings, he comes up with a weird comparison between human beings and galliwasps.
- In 1956, Cousens reported that a Jamaican giant galliwasp had not been collected in over one hundred years.
- Sloane described and illustrated one of these, the great galliwasp, which later became extinct.
late 17th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of galliwasp in:
- The US English dictionary