- A narrow ornamental strip of fabric, typically a silk braid or piece of lace, used to trim clothing or finish upholstery.More example sentences
- It is known that crochet galloon machines consist of a number of cooperating members adapted to create a fabric.
- The harsh wooden surfaces of Jacobean England were embellished with elaborate gimps, galloons, fringes and tassels.
- The products referred to above include both ribbons and webbing as well as certain galloons having the characteristics of woven ribbons.
early 17th century: from French galon, from galonner 'to trim with braid', of unknown ultimate origin.
More definitions of galloonDefinition of galloon in:
- The US English dictionary