- A waterproof overshoe, typically made of rubber.More example sentences
- Not your typical galoshes, the slick rubber booties have an adorable white heel and are less about puddle-splashing, more about stylish strolls in the mist.
- Rubber boots or galoshes protect your feet but it is also important to protect your eyes and hands.
- New England Overshoe makes ‘performance over-shoes,’ which are galoshes with traction soles that fit over sneakers, sandals, wing tips, or other shoes for waterproof use on street and trail.
Middle English (denoting a type of clog): via Old French from late Latin gallicula, diminutive of Latin gallica (solea) 'Gallic (shoe)'. The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
More definitions of galoshDefinition of galosh in:
- The US English dictionary