Definition of galvanic in English:
1Relating to or involving electric currents produced by chemical action.
- Iontophoresis is the use of electric impulses from a low-voltage galvanic current stimulation unit to drive topical corticosteroids into soft tissue structures.
- Anodically polarizing the alloy (anodic protection) by impressed anodic current or galvanic coupling with a more noble metal in order to maintain the surface oxide film
- Mercathodes block the flow of destructive galvanic currents in boats' 12-volt electrical systems.
2Sudden and dramatic: a searing, galvanic experience
More example sentences
- But they're operated like private companies by two galvanic entrepreneurs willing to compete with their own money.
- But their financial difficulties could have a galvanic effect, although the semi-finals would be a more realistic ambition.
- A few galvanic images free themselves from the fog of anecdote by their sheer authority.
- Example sentences
- The specimens were tested in a 3 ½ percent sodium chloride solution with three different electrochemical conditions imposed on them: freely corroding, galvanically coupled to zinc, and galvanically coupled to magnesium.
- The audio converters are galvanically isolated and not connected to the main ground.
- A triple optical isolation galvanically isolates the power section from both the line sides.
Words that rhyme with galvanicaldermanic, botanic, Brahmanic, Britannic, epiphanic, Germanic, Hispanic, interoceanic, Koranic, manganic, manic, mechanic, messianic, oceanic, organic, panic, Puranic, Romanic, satanic, shamanic, talismanic, titanic, transoceanic, tympanic, volcanic
Definition of galvanic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan