- 1Relating to or involving electric currents produced by chemical action.More example sentences
- Iontophoresis is the use of electric impulses from a low-voltage galvanic current stimulation unit to drive topical corticosteroids into soft tissue structures.
- Anodically polarizing the alloy (anodic protection) by impressed anodic current or galvanic coupling with a more noble metal in order to maintain the surface oxide film
- Mercathodes block the flow of destructive galvanic currents in boats' 12-volt electrical systems.
- 2Sudden and dramatic: a searing, galvanic experienceMore example sentences
- But they're operated like private companies by two galvanic entrepreneurs willing to compete with their own money.
- But their financial difficulties could have a galvanic effect, although the semi-finals would be a more realistic ambition.
- A few galvanic images free themselves from the fog of anecdote by their sheer authority.
- More example sentences
- The specimens were tested in a 3 ½ percent sodium chloride solution with three different electrochemical conditions imposed on them: freely corroding, galvanically coupled to zinc, and galvanically coupled to magnesium.
- The audio converters are galvanically isolated and not connected to the main ground.
- A triple optical isolation galvanically isolates the power section from both the line sides.
late 18th century: from French galvanique, from Galvani, Luigi.
More definitions of galvanicDefinition of galvanic in:
- The US English dictionary