(also galvanic skin reflex)
- A change in the electrical resistance of the skin caused by emotional stress, measurable with a sensitive galvanometer, e.g. in lie-detector tests.More example sentences
- The galvanic skin response section of the polygraph measures the resistance of the skin to a small electrical current.
- One route for our ‘gut feelings’ might be through the noradrenergic system, as healthy people have a galvanic skin response when about to make a risky choice on the IGT.
- And these basically measure people's heart rates, they measure people's galvanic skin responses.
More definitions of galvanic skin responseDefinition of galvanic skin response in:
- The US English dictionary