- A galvanometer that works by measuring the deflection of a needle in the magnetic field induced by the electric current.More example sentences
- The British telegraph, invented by Cooke and Wheatstone utilized 6 wires which actuated five needle pointers attached to five galvanoscopes at the receiver end.
- An excellent experimenter, Poggendorff devised a number of measuring devices, including the galvanoscope and Poggendorff mirror.
- I soldered two wires to the edges of the enclosed sheet of iron, and connected them with a galvanoscope, but could not perceive any effect upon the needle.
More definitions of galvanoscopeDefinition of galvanoscope in:
- The US English dictionary