- short for viola da gamba.More example sentences
- This essay has of course to disentangle the transition from viol to violoncello which was catalysed by the Italians, and he manages to throw light on the grey areas surrounding bass violins, gambas and cellos.
- The performers here, being very good baroque musicians indeed, have deployed a variety of continuo combinations: harpsichord or lute with violone, gamba, double bass or bassoon.
- The dark, resonating notes of the cello and the higher, slightly nasal voice of the gamba sang the lachrymose State of the Gambo.
More definitions of gambaDefinition of gamba in:
- The US English dictionary