An event, idea, or procedure that effects a significant shift in the current way of doing or thinking about something: a potential game changer that could revitalize the entire US aerospace industry
More example sentences
- Senator John McCain came in to last night's debate needing a game changer.
- There's no question, the first debate can always be a game changer.
- This will become a game changer in the industry.
- Example sentences
- They weren't planning to be disruptive or game-changing.
- The Senate will hold its game-changing vote on health care reform on the morning of Christmas Eve.
- Microsoft is calling it a new "game-changing" entertainment experience.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: game chan¦ger
Definition of game changer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.