noun (plural same)
- A fish caught by anglers for sport, especially (in fresh water) salmon and trout and (in the sea) billfishes, sharks, bass, and many members of the mackerel family: I longed to try for some of the bigger game fish Compare with coarse fish.More example sentences
- However, I do not believe that fly-fishing for big game fish is necessarily the be all and end all of fishing.
- Using the same pumping technique that one applies to big game fish, I recovered some line but this was soon pulled out again when the fish made another run.
- The grayling is a game fish with a coarse fish close season, March 15th Until June 15th, both days inclusive.
More definitions of game fishDefinition of game fish in:
- The US English dictionary