Definition of gamesmanship in English:
The art of winning games by using various ploys and tactics to gain a psychological advantage: the negotiations were primarily exercises in propaganda and gamesmanship
More example sentences
- Ha admits to spending about 20 hours a week playing the game, improving her gamesmanship and marksmanship with each successive hour.
- A critical element of his game is his gamesmanship.
- Pseudoscientific activities are really arts involving gamesmanship.
gamesman noun (plural gamesmen)
- Example sentences
- While the actors playing Steele and Prior are solid, the real standout is Weaving, whose portrayal of Fleming ranges across the spectrum from the terrified innocent to the inscrutable gamesman.
- To his millions of followers, though, he is the quintessential gamesman, always one step ahead of consumers with a new system that is innovative but in reach of the masses.
- After all, the tattoo-bearing gamesman said during one episode, ‘No one's going to tell me what to do or what not to do.’
Definition of gamesmanship in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan