noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A mixture of blood plasma proteins, mainly immunoglobulins, which have relatively low electrophoretic mobility.More example sentences
- Plasma cells then make excess gamma globulin antibody immune proteins that latch onto specific invaders.
- Usually, a child is treated with intravenous doses of gamma globulin (purified antibodies), an ingredient of blood that helps the child's body fight off infection.
- The best prospect for development of an anti-SARS treatment in the short term is in the isolation of gamma globulin from the blood of those who have recovered from the disease.
More definitions of gamma globulinDefinition of gamma globulin in:
- The US English dictionary