- Gamma rays.More example sentences
- The technical definition is the amount of X or gamma radiation that produces one electrostatic unit of ionic charge in one cubic centimeter of dry air at standard temperature and pressure.
- This process is called ionization, and this capability had led to gamma radiation being termed ionizing radiation.
- The property, possessed by certain nuclides, of spontaneously emitting particles of gamma radiation or of emitting radiation following orbital electron capture or spontaneous fission.
More definitions of gamma radiationDefinition of gamma radiation in:
- The US English dictionary