nounUS • informal
- A dishonest or unscrupulous person.More example sentences
- It's a miracle that he has survived the corrupt processes controlled by rodential ganefs whose artistic talents start and stop with the wearing of shoes made from skins of rare animals.
- That the sequels continue after the critically disappointing Ocean's Twelve, only proves that these ganefs will try to get away with this theft as long as they can bring in the shekels.
- Now in Yiddish, a ganef is a thief, but I knew that this kindly Scot in his late 60's or 70's, up here in the Hebrides, gripped by sudden frustration, was not speaking Yiddish.
1990s: Yiddish, from Hebrew, literally 'thief'.
More definitions of ganefDefinition of ganef in:
- The US English dictionary