- A close-grained, hard siliceous rock found in the coal measures of northern England, and used for furnace linings.More example sentences
- The other refractory plants had to have their ganister hauled in by rail.
- The lip and rim of the ladles are also best lined with ganister.
- According to Pete Clarke, the tour will then explore the ganister loading siding between Three Springs and Saltillo and the path of the now-dismantled spur truck to the former North American Refractories Company quarry above Three Springs.
early 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of ganisterDefinition of ganister in:
- The US English dictionary