noun[often as modifier]
- A technique of controlled sensory input used with the aim of improving results in tests of telepathy and other paranormal phenomena: ganzfeld testsMore example sentences
- As mentioned above, there were problems with the original ganzfeld experiments involving sensory leakage and randomization procedures.
- The ganzfeld technique, which has provided some of the best evidence for ESP, is believed to induce a hypnagogiclike state.
- For example, the initial ganzfeld studies obtained significant results with pictures as targets.
1980s: from German, literally 'whole field'.
More definitions of ganzfeldDefinition of ganzfeld in:
- The US English dictionary