Definition of gaping in English:
(Of a hole, wound, etc.) wide open: there was a gaping hole in the wall
More example sentences
- A broad smile dribbled down from the bottom of his gaping lips.
- The central defining social fact of our world is gaping global inequality.
- The family circle is left with a ragged, gaping tear.
- Example sentences
- His right flank is now gapingly vulnerable to an attack.
- There's a gapingly obvious lack of real anger and social or political comment.
- He blinked, and stared gapingly at the child for a moment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia