- The freshwater garfish of North America.More example sentences
- Their goal: to assess the conservation status of giant catfish, stingrays, gars, carp, salmon, sturgeon, and other freshwater fish species that grow to at least 6.5 feet in length or 220 pounds in weight.
- Because the skin is attached to the underlying myomeric axial musculature and to the axial skeleton, it can function to transmit locomotor forces along the fish body, as has been demonstrated in sharks, eels, and gars.
- Specifically, the shortnose gar is characterized by a short (relative to other gars), broad snout.
mid 18th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of garDefinition of gar in:
- The US English dictionary