Entry from US English dictionary
1A low-rise apartment complex with landscaped gardens or lawns.
- Built in 1911 as a European-style garden apartment complex, the Bain (once the Riverdale Courts apartments) became one of Ontario's first co-ops in 1977.
- He and his family all lived in the garden apartment, and his mother lived nearby.
- His apartment opened unto a courtyard, shared by his garden apartment neighbors.
2A ground-floor unit of an apartment building, with access to a garden or lawn.
- The Company has executed a non-contingent contract to purchase 600 garden apartment units in the Harrisburg, PA. market.
- Ground floor or garden apartments have French windows leading out to their own patio areas.
- Names are also being taken for the three-bed duplex units and the two-bed garden apartments, which are due to be launched soon.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.