- A large European tiger moth with boldly marked, chiefly brown and white forewings and orange and black hindwings.
More example sentences
- Arctia caja, family Arctiidae
- Here is the garden tiger male with the tiger female and below it the female in what seemed to be a stage of ovulation.
- Since 1989, the garden tiger moth has remained at low densities and low incidence.
- Climate change and altered land management have been implicated in an 85% decline in the abundance of garden tiger moths over the past thirty years in the U.K.