adjective[attributive] North American
- Of the usual or ordinary type; commonplace: for garden-variety back problems, your medical doctor, osteopath, or chiropractor can all helpMore example sentences
- An ordinary, garden-variety flu bug can kill thousands of people in a year, especially young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems like cancer patients or organ donor recipients.
- Anti Vampire Club membership ranges from pirates to hermitic recluses to your common garden-variety psychopath.
- This is a splendid collection of totem poles, though scattered among them are a few common garden-variety gravestones.
More definitions of garden-varietyDefinition of garden-variety in:
- The US English dictionary