Definition of garderobe in English:
1A toilet in a medieval building.
- For three days Kieran left the bed only to hobble down the hallway to the garderobe, leaning heavily on Michael's arm, shuffling in the remnants of his torn leather shoes.
- People used to hang their clothes in a garderobe, a small room over the upper opening of the dross shoot, because the ammonia from urine used to kill lice,’ he said.
- Five fragments of shaped animal gut were discovered during the excavation of the garderobe of the keep at Dudley Castle, which had been filled in in 1647.
1.1A wardrobe or small storeroom in a medieval building.
- After ushering me to the garderobe, she escorted me to one of several free tables.
- He threw open the garderobe on the far wall and began riffling through it.
- Even Tallis was unable to keep away, secreting himself inside a garderobe.
Definition of garderobe in:
- US English dictionary