- Inflammation of a cow’s or ewe’s udder.More example sentences
- Early diagnosis of mastitis or garget is carried out by measuring the concentration of 3-hydroxybutyric acid in milk.
- The early American settlers applied it in like manner as a poultice to inflammatory conditions of the cow's udder, in the disease known as garget, a circumstance which has given to the plant one of its common names, garget plant.
- The list of micro-organisms found associated with garget is a very long one.
early 18th century: perhaps a special use of Old French gargate 'throat'; related to gargoyle. The term was used earlier to denote inflammation of the throat in cattle.
More definitions of gargetDefinition of garget in:
- The US English dictionary