Definition of garrulous in English:
Excessively talkative, especially on trivial matters: a garrulous cab driver
More example sentences
- This debate engaged all but the most garrulous of the chattering classes rather less than the issue of how many angels can stand on the point of a pin.
- Having a topic of conversation banned must be a particular strain for someone as garrulous as him.
- The garrulous storeowner sometimes cut up summer sausage and cheese and joined us on the porch where we tilted back frosty green soda bottles and solved the problems of the world.
talkative, loquacious, voluble, verbose, long-winded, chatty, chattery, chattering, gossipy, gossiping, babbling, blathering, prattling, prating, jabbering, gushing, effusive, expansive, forthcoming, conversational, communicative
informal mouthy, gabby, gassy, windy, talky, yacking, big-mouthed, with the gift of the gab, having kissed the Blarney Stone
rare multiloquent, multiloquous
- Example sentences
- Dressed off-camera in a hooded top, he talks garrulously, leaping irreverently from topic to topic, wincing when he remembers the vituperative tenor of the reviews received by his last book, Rembrandt's Eyes, published last year.
- He also garrulously and somewhat incoherently attacked the media, accusing them to have conspired against him, in order to get him into the Chancellery.
- Her father was a sailor and a garrulously mean man.
- Example sentences
- The problem with Christmas parties isn't that you know everybody at them - it's that you become overexcited and incline towards garrulousness.
- Courage, garrulousness and the mob are on our side.
- It seems to me the net encourages garrulousness, incoherence and drivel and I don't want to add to it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan