- A turbine driven by expanding hot gases produced by burning fuel, as in a jet engine.More example sentences
- Initially the pressure of the Zechstein gas would be sufficiently high pressure, at the well heads, to supply fuel gas for the compressor gas turbine.
- Energy conversion systems based on steam turbines, gas turbines, high-performance automobile engines, and jet engines provide the technological foundation for modern society.
- The product can be used as fuel in boilers, diesel engines or gas turbines, or as a source of chemicals for the production of pesticides, adhesives and other products.
More definitions of gas turbineDefinition of gas turbine in:
- The US English dictionary