Relating to or having the characteristics of a gas: gaseous emissions from motor vehicles gaseous oxygen
More example sentences
- The particles referred to can be molecules or ions and the fluid can be either gaseous or liquid.
- The gaseous oxygen vent hood keeps gaseous oxygen from building up there.
- There are two normal methods: gaseous diffusion and gas centrifuge.
- More example sentences
- Gas loses gaseousness at 0 K; so, there is an expectation of ‘no gas’ state at 0 K.
- Both the gaseousness of the companion galaxy and how recently the event took place are unusual, said the astronomers.
Definition of gaseous in:
- The US English dictionary