noun[mass noun] North American
- A mixture of petrol and ethanol used as fuel in internal-combustion engines: [as modifier]: gasohol carsMore example sentences
- One of the many industrial uses of ethanol involves blending it with gasoline to make gasohol.
- In Brazil, ethanol from fermentation of sugarcane is used pure or blended with gasoline to yield gasohol, which contains 24 percent ethanol.
- The government has been trying to promote gasohol as an alternative fuel to reduce the country's reliance on imported fossil fuels.
More definitions of gasoholDefinition of gasohol in:
- The US English dictionary