- A gourmet: gastronomes will be fascinated by this guide to French cookingMore example sentences
- But whatever they like to be called, be it gastronome or gourmet, bon viveur or epicure, tell them.
- His stock is also high among gastronomes and his experience as a food-loving father has left its indelible mark at Southbank.
- For gastronomes visiting later in the season, he is hosting a series of Winter Wine Weeks from the end of March through Easter, featuring the best food and wines from around the world.
early 19th century: from French, from gastronomie (see gastronomy).
More definitions of gastronomeDefinition of gastronome in:
- The US English dictionary