noun[treated as singular]
- A place where gas is manufactured and processed.More example sentences
- Before 1964, gas was manufactured at the old gasworks plant in Cottesloe.
- Above the bridge are tanneries, bonemills and gasworks, from which all drains and refuse find their way into the Irk, which receives further the contents of all the neighbouring sewers and privies.
- A former gasworks in the heart of York is to be developed with more than 20 further flats - after councillors gave the scheme the thumbs-up, despite fears about its ‘high density’.
More definitions of gasworksDefinition of gasworks in:
- The US English dictionary