Definition of gatecrash in English:
Enter (a party or other gathering) without an invitation or ticket: you have gatecrashed a private meeting
More example sentences
- Back in England, he bought a 600 cc motorbike with hippie flowers painted on the sidecar, which was enough of a babe-magnet to impress his future wife, whom he met after gatecrashing a party.
- He had his recent 18th birthday party gatecrashed by a huge number of people and as a result had to close down the party much earlier than he would have otherwise.
- Somewhere in the bleary early hours of last Friday morning, a bunch of jubilant strangers gatecrashed the victory party of Labour's newest MP.
- Example sentences
- She said that together with her daughter she invited about 40 friends to the March 18 party before gatecrashers arrived, causing the trouble.
- The move follows controversy last year when the rally was on the verge of being cancelled because of troubles from gatecrashers in 2001.
- The inaugural meeting of the Forum, held in Geneva in 1996, was unfortunately disrupted by gatecrashers.
Definition of gatecrash in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan