Definition of gatecrash in English:
Enter (a party or other gathering) without an invitation or ticket: you have gatecrashed a private meeting
More example sentences
- Back in England, he bought a 600 cc motorbike with hippie flowers painted on the sidecar, which was enough of a babe-magnet to impress his future wife, whom he met after gatecrashing a party.
- He had his recent 18th birthday party gatecrashed by a huge number of people and as a result had to close down the party much earlier than he would have otherwise.
- Somewhere in the bleary early hours of last Friday morning, a bunch of jubilant strangers gatecrashed the victory party of Labour's newest MP.
- Example sentences
- She said that together with her daughter she invited about 40 friends to the March 18 party before gatecrashers arrived, causing the trouble.
- The move follows controversy last year when the rally was on the verge of being cancelled because of troubles from gatecrashers in 2001.
- The inaugural meeting of the Forum, held in Geneva in 1996, was unfortunately disrupted by gatecrashers.
Words that rhyme with gatecrashMidrash • potash
Definition of gatecrash in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.