- A table with hinged legs that are swung out from the centre to support folding leaves and make the table larger.More example sentences
- It would be a double gateleg table, I decided, partly as a tribute to an elegant, classic piece of furniture and partly as a way to have both a rectangular and a round table.
- The origin of the gateleg table is difficult to pinpoint.
- In this room New England Chippendale chairs surround a William and Mary gateleg table set with English creamware plates made between 1785 and 1790 and Prattware dishes and a tea set of about 1800.
- More example sentences
- Then we got down the cedar gatelegged table Papa made and she is borrowing it for her dinette until she gets one.
- She sat on the sofa in the place of honour; gatelegged tables were brought in, and baked meats in trays.
- It was gatelegged - its top could unfold and the back legs could swing out to support it.
More definitions of gateleg tableDefinition of gateleg table in:
- The US English dictionary