- A post on which a gate is hinged, or against which it shuts.More example sentences
- Like crowning jewels, these ceramic finials for deck railing, fence posts, or gateposts add sculptural details and rich color to an outdoor setting.
- They are also seeking a green light on an application to build new boundary walls, garden walls, entrance gates and gateposts at The Manor House they bought for £3 million two years ago.
- About five seconds too late, Jill slammed the gate shut, with my finger stuck between gate and gatepost.
between you and me and the gatepost
- see bedpost.
More definitions of gatepostDefinition of gatepost in:
- The US English dictionary