- 1An assembly or meeting, especially one held for a specific purpose: a family gatheringMore example sentences
assembly, meeting, meet, convention, rally, turnout, congress, convocation, conclave, council, synod, symposium, forum, muster, tweetup; assemblage, collection, company, congregation, audience, crowd, throng, mass, multitude, group, party, band, knot, flock, mob, horde, pack• informal get-together• formal concourse• historical conventicle
- Difficult meetings, family gatherings and so on can be chances to use your new skills.
- The auditorium will serve as a meeting place for public gatherings and academic conferences.
- I mean this is something for the people to think about and the purpose of a gathering like this is for me, through this forum, to talk directly to the people of Australia.
- 2A group of leaves taken together, one inside another, in binding a book.More example sentences
- Of course, it is not possible to have eleven leaves in one gathering of a quarto book.