- A sense of strong self-esteem associated with a person’s public acknowledgement of their homosexuality: [as modifier]: she thought of joining one of the gay pride marchesMore example sentences
- The plan is to stage the ‘event within the event’ at art openings, movie showings in public parks and gay pride functions.
- These are contrasting scenes from just two of several gay pride marches throughout Europe yesterday to draw attention to discrimination against homosexuals and to urge political leaders to grant them equal rights.
- This may explain why some choose to wear Aboriginal tee-shirts at anti-nuclear marches or gay pride badges when we are as straight as, well, the next straight person.
More definitions of gay prideDefinition of gay pride in:
- The US English dictionary