- A domesticated ox used in South Asia.
More example sentences
- Bos frontalis, family Bovidae, descended from the wild gaur
- The tribes also barter their kills for a type of red salt from China that they feed to livestock, most of which are gayals (the domestic form of the gaur).
- These species do not share other mutations, so taurine cattle, zebu, banteng, and gayal all occupy separate branches in the network.
- On this occasion the performer provides 40-45 rice beer pots, one gayal and rice to the villagers.
late 18th century: from Bengali.