- A lever used to engage or change gear in a motor vehicle.More example sentences
- It's a van, so you have to give the gearstick some elbow and work with the steering wheel a bit.
- Rather than take the gamble of waiting for the engine and gearbox to finish nattering and give you what you need, you flick the gearstick to the left and you're in control.
- With the key in place, the power button switches the engine on and then you just knock the dashboard-mounted gearstick into drive and away you go.
More definitions of gear leverDefinition of gear lever in:
- The US English dictionary