- A set of gears with its casing, especially in a motor vehicle; the transmission: a four-speed gearboxMore example sentences
- Effectively the gearbox engages the next highest gear but does not activate it until the optimum point has been reached.
- These are available with either five or six-speed manual gearboxes with an optional six-speed tiptronic automatic transmission.
- The manual gearbox has a tendency to be notchy and the auto gearbox doesn't change particularly smoothly.
More definitions of gearboxDefinition of gearbox in:
- The US English dictionary