- 1Fitted with gears: a geared engine [in combination]: a multi-geared cycleMore example sentences
- The direct drive would develop 510-hp at 2400 rpm while the geared engine could get up to 560-hp.
- Its fuel-guzzling geared steam turbines and quadruple screws would have to be replaced by new technology.
- Also, the dynamics of the geared engine were helping induce wing warping and aileron reversal so the crew labored to put the other engine back on the racer.
- 2 [with adverb] (Of a company) having a specified ratio of loan capital (debt) to the value of its ordinary shares (equity): highly geared companiesMore example sentences
- However, failure to generate adequate returns from the loans puts highly geared companies at greater risk, which is precisely what has happened.
- Debt should be another important consideration because most property companies are highly geared.
- It is one of those outfits that are commonly referred to as a highly geared business.
More definitions of gearedDefinition of geared in:
- The US English dictionary