Definition of gearhead in English:
1A person who is very enthusiastic about new gadgets.
- He is also a certified hi-fi nut, gearhead, and gadget freak.
- Dedicated gearheads just need a few gadgets to make the great outdoors a little less outdoorsy.
- A gearhead said we'd need big fat telemark skis, big fat plastic boots, and big fat cable bindings to negotiate the steep terrain, all of which would demolish our ridiculously optimistic predictions for daily mileage.
2A person who is very interested in cars.
- The gearheads that race bikes are constantly changing something, tweaking a little here or there, looking to get more power out of their bikes.
- When I was in high school a friend drove a 1970 Impala that his gearhead dad had kept garaged for years.
- He and his brother, who also races on the circuit, grew up as gearheads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan