- 1A toothed wheel in a set of gears.More example sentences
- I decided to mount the motor with a gearwheel and a gear rack on a drawer rack.
- From the functions which the various parts of the watch fulfil (e.g. spring, gearwheels, pointer), the only logical conclusion was that it had a maker who ‘comprehended its construction and designed its use’.
- He and his co-workers turn raw steel into giant rings, gearwheels, and other forged products.
More definitions of gearwheelDefinition of gearwheel in:
- The US English dictionary